Why Do You Get Yeast Infections?
A yeast infection is a message from the body saying something is out of balance. Close to 75 percent of women have had at least one vaginal yeast infection in their lifetime. This common condition occurs when the normal acidity of the body changes, allowing Candida to multiply. Hormonal changes can encourage yeast infections, as can pregnancy, diabetes, use of antibiotics and use of corticosteroid medications.
While any woman can get a yeast infection, they are much more common among people with weakened immune systems. As with all yeast-related problems, the infection is caused by Candida that already exists in your body. When your immune system is out of balance the Candida multiply out of control, causing illness.
Ways To Prevent Yeast Infections Naturally:
- Wear loose clothing made from natural fibers (cotton, linen, silk)
- Don't douche. Douching can kill bacteria that control fungus
- Limit the use of feminine deodorant
- Change out of wet clothing, especially bathing suits, as soon as you can
- Avoid frequent hot tub baths
- Eat a well-balanced diet
- Eat yogurt
- If you have diabetes, keep your blood sugar level as close to normal as possible
To Relieve The Pain And Itching That Often Accompanies Yeast Infections Try The Following Natural Solutions:
- Inserting one Boric acid powder capsule into the vagina morning and evening for three to seven days for an acute infection, and 14 to 30 days for a chronic infection. Studies show the effectiveness of Boric acid is very high especially in women with chronic yeast infections. If irritation occurs protect the surrounding tissue with vitamin E oil
- Inserting a garlic clove into your vagina in the morning and an acidophilus capsule in the evening for three to seven days
- Preparing a retention douche with bentonite clay, Pau D’ Arco tea or plain yogurt
- Tea tree oil and golden seal and douche two times a day for seven to 10 days
*Please note it is important to see your doctor if there has been a change in the amount, color, or smell of the discharge.
For Yeast Infection Relief Try Avoiding:
- Refined carbs
- Vinegar (and vinegar-containing foods like mustard and salad dressing)
- Carrots, potatoes and beets (high-sugar veggies)
- Fruits (which contain sugar)
- Peanuts and corn (which often contain mold)
- Mushrooms (fungus)
- Aged cheeses
To Balance The Immune System to Prevent Yeast Infection Try Adding:
- Oregano oil
- Black walnut
- Grapefruit seed extract
- Garlic (eat this in the form of fresh raw cloves, slightly crushed)
- Cinnamon essential oils
Increased Risks For Yeast Infections:
Some things will increase your risk of getting a yeast infection, including:
- Recent treatment with antibiotics. For example, taking an antibiotic to treat an infection the antibiotic kills the good bacteria that normally keep the yeast in balance. As a result the yeast overgrows and causes a yeast infection
- Uncontrolled diabetes. This allows for too much sugar in the urine and vagina
- Pregnancy which changes hormone levels
- Birth control pills
- Disorders affecting the immune system even simple things like seasonal allergies
- Thyroid or endocrine disorders
- Corticosteroid therapy such as asthma medications
Through research, Pine Cone Extract (PCE) has shown to strengthen the body's immune system by enhancing the performance of immune cell function. This is critical to a healthy immune response, helping combat various ailments such as yeast infections.
Immunophen™ is an all natural dietary supplement designed by Cellderm Technologies Inc. Immunophen™ is the only dietary supplement containing LignaPlex™, a highly purified, standardized botanical extract derived from scots pine cones that is designed to enhance your immune system naturally.